Challenger 1 Cadet Squadron (DC060) in VA
Location: Alexandria City High School
Meetings: Wednesdays 7-9 p.m.
Squadron Commander: Capt. Rachael Norberg
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a cadet squadron, the primary membership focus is on cadets along with cadet sponsor and active senior members to support the CAP Cadet Program. Weekly meetings are aimed at advancing cadets through the program.
Charter Number: MAR-DC-060
Office Symbol: DC060
The standard weekly meeting schedule is as follows. Please check the Activities Calendar for updates. Squadron events have DC060 in the title.
|Wednesday||Activities Planned||Uniform of the Day|
|1st||Safety & Physical Training or Emergency Services||PT Gear|
|2nd||Character Development & Drill Practice||Blues|
|3rd||Drill Testing & Leadership||ABUs|
|4th||Aerospace Education & Awards||Blues|
|5th||STEM & Cadet Program Staff Planning||ABUs|
Note: Due to COVID restrictions, all meetings may be joined virtually. Check the Activities Calendar for updates.
Note: The last Tuesday of the month is reserved as a planning meeting for the senior member staff.
Here's an inside look at the squadron:
- Unit Citation (inclusive dates from 2015 to 2018)
- Squadron of Merit (2008, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2020)
- Quality Cadet Unit Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Aerospace Education Excellence Award (2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-18, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20)
- National Cadet Competition (combined team with DC026 for 1st place quiz bowl and 6th place overall in 2018) (1st place robotics and 4th place overall in 2019)
- Wing Ground Team of the Year Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Region Ground Team of the Year Award (2015)
- Squadron Aerospace Education Achievement Awards (2017, 2019, 2020)
Fill out this form to let us know you are interested in joining Civil Air Patrol at our squadron.
Get In Touch About Membership (Online Form) >>>
Squadron Commander's Bio